Monday, August 10, 2009

Nicknames

I’ve noticed that my mother’s old friends have very interesting names: Rufus, Bubbles, Talkative, Fatima, Edward, Rosie, Merlin, Dallas (or Dallu), and of course, my grandparents’ names: Yulette and Roland, or Tutu and Roly. I guess some are nicknames (nobody here would even think of naming their child Bubbles). This has inspired me to think of some nicknames myself. I’ve only had a few nicknames in my life, and none of them lasted very long: Kriskris (by my brother when he was little), Kristie, the Good Witch Loch Ness Princess of Inverness or something like that (please don’t ask where it came from), FabTab (yes, I remember that), ummmm… oh yeah, Lobes. Nothing spectacular. But nobody ever called me Kristy or Krista or Kris. When I was younger I was a little disappointed by that.

Anyways, I’d like to make up nicknames for anyone who reads this (not that anyone does). So let me know, and I’ll give you a nickname that I promise I’ll use for as long as I can remember to. And if you have any suggestions for someone else, that’s good, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment